Describe the question
Hi all, I have to implement the following auth scheme:
- Redirect the logged user to the n8n self hosted instance (solved using this documentation: JWT - n8n Documentation) running under the queue mode (Configuring queue mode - n8n Documentation)
- Pull information (from an external endpoint ) based on the logged user for its use in the core of a private full versioned node (is part of the question)
- Define users and groups for team work as follows (is part of the question)
- Admin users with access to all workflows and credentials
- Member accounts with access to team workflows (can be more than one)
Member A1 with access to workflows W1, W2, W3
Member A2 with access to workflows W1, W2, W3
Member B with access to workflows W4,W5,W6
And A1 shouldn’t be able to access neither delete W4.
So here is the question:
As far as I’ve learned from the docs, I can combine JWT auth with n8n user management but the workflow roles and permissions (Sharing - n8n Documentation) don’t accomplish this requirement because I need:
*multiple groups inside member accounts as shown in the previous example.
*member accounts need to able to delete flows.
*I also need to disable the user management feature in the settings panel because I have another app to manage users.
So is it possible to plug a custom authorization logic without editing the n8n core?
Information on your n8n setup
- **n8n version: 0.219.1
- **Database you’re using: PostgreSQL
- **Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: main
- **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: AWS EKS
Thanks and Regards