Custom Fields Update in HighLevel Using HighLevel Node or HTTP Request PUT Not Working

Describe the problem/error/question

When I initiate update of any custom field for a contact in High Level using the High Level Node, I get the error messages:

Problem in node ‘HighLevel‘: Your request is invalid or could not be processed by the service

Parameter: “additionalFields.customFields.values[0].fieldId” has issues

If I change the update to the standard fields, everything works well.

If I use HTTP Request node instead of the HighLevel node, update occurs only on certain fields, and not on any of the custom fields even though the output test reports successful update.

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version: 1.46.0
  • **Database: SQLite
  • **n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting: own, main
  • **Running n8n via: n8n cloud
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @austinemarie, welcome to the n8n community and thank you for your question!

You mentioned the following parameter was mentioned as having issues, but I don’t see that anywhere in your shared workflow. Did you use that as the parameter for identifying your custom field in the first Highlevel node?

If so, double check that you aren’t setting that as a fixed value, because I see a couple of other fields that are fixed and should be expressions in your Highlevel1 node.

Hope this resolves your issues - happy building!

@Ludwig there are a couple of threads about the HighLevel node and custom fields.

Most probably related and I guess the team haven’t seen these posts yet

1 Like

Thanks for sharing those @gleeballs I’ve created an engineering ticket with my team to allocate time for a fix. We’ll update all cases when a fix is released.

1 Like

@Ludwig don’t suppose there is any updates re this is there.

I cannot make any new workflows due to this and it has put my work on stop until this is resolved. @paulugwuanyi is also waiting.