Date & Time Format mostly used in EU

The idea is:

Official EU documents still tend to use DD.MM.YYYY but one document specifies the use of ISO 8601: "Dates should be formatted by the following format: YYYY-MM-DD. date format in europe

At this moment most of our EU data is under the DD.MM.YYYY format and will be kept for years.

My use case:

I’m sure I’m not the only one using custom format each time i’m manipulating the date in my N8N console

I think it would be beneficial to add this DD.MM.YYYY in the To Format dropdown list

Any resources to support this?

Below data for a csv file for testing

Date,dashboard
30/06/2022 17:08:26,Tableau de Bord du Programme (multiples projets KPI)
11/07/2022 10:48:55,Tableau de Bord du Programme (multiples projets KPI)
01/08/2022 17:05:04,Tableau de Bord du Programme (multiples projets KPI)
08/08/2022 16:03:04,Tableau de Bord du Programme (multiples projets KPI)
22/08/2022 15:07:50,Tableau de Bord du Programme (multiples projets KPI)
07/09/2022 15:51:07,Tableau de Bord du Programme (multiples projets KPI)
12/09/2022 16:42:06,Tableau de Bord du Programme (multiples projets KPI)

Are you willing to work on this?

I can test if needed, thank you !

Hey @terryble66,

That is not a bad idea and would be very handy for convenience, If you have not already spotted it you can use the Custom Format option to use whatever format you want.

1 Like

I used the custom format to convert from UNIX time to DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM.
The formatting works.
But in my cron based workflow it did not convert the new timestamp but kept using the converted timestamp from the first cron job.

Did not analyze properly. The converted time is one hour late (timezone problem?), and in my view not 100% accurate when cross checked with https://www.epochconverter.com/

Hello @askans
If you share your workflow, the community could help understand the time difference.

Did you also remember to set the TZ environment option?

The UNIX timestamp coming from openweathermap is already adjusted to my time zone.
The challenge is that it partly shows an hour later than it is, and sometimes the “right” time. To see the result check the Mastodon output: Bonner Wetter (@[email protected]) - Mastodon

This is my first time to share code, I hope it works.
The last node is the Mastodon community node.

I believe to have found the mistake: I used a wrong custom date/timeformat: “DD-MM-YYYY HH:MM” instead of “DD-MM-YYYY HH:mm” - meaning I used MM for minutes instead of mm.
It seems to work now.

1 Like

Correct MM [02] or MMMM [February] in capital is use for Month and mm in minus for minutes.
there is more detail here

1 Like

Thanks a lot @terryble66!
I was quite embarrassed when I discovered my mistake.