DB2 iseries (AS400 DB)

hi,
is there a plan to integrate iseries database ?

thanks

I just changed the post to a feature request. Remember to upvote it.

The more votes, the more chances of being developed.

@Chris_Doudet how weird

starting to play with this today and thought who am i fooling, who wants IBM i (as400) connectivity!

connect-db2 will not help you but this would be great https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-jt400

I have contacted node-jt400 owners today!

cant promise anything asI know IBM i very well and JTOpen JT400 but not nodejs

3 Likes

by the way as400, iseries changed its name 14 years ago to IBM i :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Chris_Doudet did you have any particuar use case? I’m getting data from an AS400 now…

Waoow @georgejeffcock
great job,
Query execution is the only thing i need for now.
thanks

@Chris_Doudet well I have that working…i currently dont plan to merge with master(fyi @jan ) as there is a dependency to https://www.npmjs.com/package/node-jt400 and guidelines at least for http (this is tcp) recommend no dependencies for good reason…but it is not practical to rewrite node-jt400 into n8n and have therefore wrappered/referenced this well known IBM i / AS400 open source project.

maybe I can create a branch with no intention of merging and you can have a play…

FYI I am doing this for fun and community, I use pub400.com so trivial data size and content

2 Likes

this seems to good fit:

Create own custom n8n-nodes-module

If you want to create multiple custom nodes which are either:

• Only for yourself/your company
  • Are only useful for a small number of people
  • Require many or large dependencies
2 Likes

Hi @georgejeffcock ,
If i understand i need to create my own nodes-modules.
I am not able to do this, too complicated for me.
Why not create a store ? May be with paid services for installation.

thank you again

I have done the creation.

you can use this GitHub - GeorgeJeffcock/n8n: Free and open fair-code licensed node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.

I can zoom to show you if you want

1 Like

@Chris_Doudet Here an previous answer I gave about a paid node store:

Generally do we want to make it easier in the future to load external nodes in n8n. Sadly do not have an ETA for that yet.

@georgejeffcock : would you have some docs on how to install your IBMi module ? Is it also working on recent (0.145.0) n8n version ?

Hey @dani,

Looks like it should work, you can copy out the ibm files and use them to build a custom node which should work.

Hi @Jon, thanks for your response. I have a running 0.145.0 n8n installation (installed with npm install [email protected]). Do you have a few steps for how to compile the external module and add it to the installed n8n ?

Just want to mention that maybe a small code change is required as there were 2 breaking changes in version 0.135.0 and the node got created before that.

You can find the information about that here

If you follow this: Using the Node Dev CLI | Docs

Then paste in the code from the fork for the IBM node and make the changes that @jan has linked to (I forgot about those) that should be enough to get you up and running with it.

Hi @georgejeffcock
Why not submit to the community this node? (via npm)

Thank