Directus node

Would be nice to have integration with Directus API GitHub - directus/directus: Open-Source Data Platform 🐰 — Directus wraps any SQL database with a real-time GraphQL+REST API and an intuitive app for non-technical users.
Thanks

Welcome to the community @Lukas_Mrtvy

Can you please tell us what functionality you would require exactly? Just to be sure that if this node gets created it does already what you need it to do. The API is quite large I wonder what are the most important endpoints.

Would really love a Directus node that utilises pretty much the entire REST API (https://docs.directus.io/reference/api/introduction/).

Directus is a pretty nice, open-source CMS/Database Abstraction tool.

Although i haven’t gotten around to creating a PR for this, i have created an updated Directus node (covering almost the entire API, including the latest Aggregation & Grouping features).

I’m already using this in my production instances and others can use it too, by simply downloading the Directus folder in their .n8n/custom folder, from here:

For reference, here’s the source code for this:

Would love any feedback on this!

4 Likes

thanks!
@RicardoE105 , any chance to merge this into the n8n? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@shrey-42 would need to send a PR to our repo so that I can have a look.

@RicardoE105 , does it mean clone n8n, add this module and submit this back as a PR?
If so, @shrey-42 , do you have any possibility to push it there, to make sure your code and work will live and be supported by n8n team and serve for all of the n8n happy users? :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is correct

haven’t been able to get around to this…will try to create the PR for this soon

1 Like

@alexander-potemkin @RicardoE105
Added!

4 Likes

Hey! :confetti_ball: :slightly_smiling_face:
Thanks! Can’t wait to see it in a new update!

2 Likes

Hello @shrey-42,

The code seems to work, I test it locally.
Do you have any idea why is not in the main branch?

1 Like

The n8n team currently has their hands full with plenty of tasks, which is why PR merging is a bit slow. Although, i think that they’ll get around to this node within the next couple of weeks or so.

Btw, with which Directus version did you check out the node?

I ask this because this node is compatible upto Directus v9.0.0-rc97, whereas the latest version is v9.0.0 which has also brought along certain breaking changes, which i plan on getting to in the next few days.

1 Like

I checked the current Directus node with an installation of the latest (v9.0.0) Directus instance.
Everything seems to be working fine.
The API hasn’t been impacted by the recent breaking changes, apparently.

If anyone does find any issues, please let me know.
Otherwise, the node is still fit for review to be merged in the main branch.

I think we test it with 9.0, but not 100% shore.
I probably can test it this weekend.

Hello Ricardo,

Is this node still in beta? because i don’t find it on my n8n install.

Ty, and have a nice day.

Welcome to the community @casualmatt

It’s still to be reviewed. That is why you cannot find it yet.

1 Like

Hello Ricardo,
i hope that you ad a nice Christmas and new Year.

Do you have any update on this module?
Using HTTP module is really annoying some times.

Sadly have not been able to get it to it yet. I will comment here when I do.

3 Likes

Was running into this same question/issue myself. A Directus node would be AMAZING!!!