Discord Trigger

It could be very difficult to implement something like that. Because a websocket has to be kept active and “the bot” has to be brought to the server.

Hey!

Thank you creating this feature request. Are you specifically interested in the Trigger for a bot? If not, you can use the slash commands that can trigger your workflow, process the incoming data, and send a reply back to Discord. I have worked on this before, and if you would like to learn how I did it, here’s the link to the YouTube Playlist: Discord Slash Command - YouTube

1 Like

Yes, it is intended as a bot function.
Events something like: Reaction, Message created.
The other way round, of course, it would also be cool to delete messagesor give a role on the other side, for example.

2 Likes

Doing that should theoretically not be very complicated. You can look at the code of any of the Queue-Nodes. Also they keep an active connection. Here for example the RabbitMQ-Node:

The only disadvantage is that they are more resource intensive.

1 Like

I would love the Trigger node for discord too.
I would love to be able to trigger an action based on a message sent on a certain discord channel.
+1 vote to the feature request

thank you

4 Likes

Another vote for a Discord channel message trigger. :slight_smile:

+1 as well.

+1, I’d like to see that feature a lot!

+1 for me! this is a great idea!

You might be interested in this: Community node - Discord Trigger / Send

Is a discord trigger in works?

I want to create a workflow that reacts when a message is created (e.g. sentimental analysis). In the meantime, is there any solution so that Discord calls the n8n-webhook in a workflow?
Maybe a small app in Discord. Any idea? Would be really important!

YES! Please :pray:
I need that so bad.

I’m really lost trying to create a workflow with Discord.
It’s way harder than it should be.