Do we have a "save execution" node?

Hello all,

I believe there is no such node, if there is please guide me to the documentation :slight_smile:

I found myself in a position where a flow is going to be executed many times and I’m not interested in saving the executions, EXCEPT when certain things happen. For example, I have error handling in my flow and it doesn’t fail as a flow so I can’t use the general flow settings “save on fail/success” etc. But there is a certain case, if that happens I’d like to save that execution. So I thought we can have such a node and I can connect it to an IF to check whether or not the whole flow execution should be saved based on dynamic criteria.

Do you see some merit in this? Is there a way to accomplish this without a specific “save this execution” node ?

So a specific node for this does not exist, but it sounds like a neat idea to me.

For example, I have error handling in my flow and it doesn’t fail as a flow so I can’t use the general flow settings “save on fail/success”

What you could do for now is at the very end of your workflow, after your own error handling, place the Stop And Error node for example like so:

That way you can still trigger an error that would lead to execution data being saved, even if your workflow would otherwise ignore errors.

1 Like

Thanks @MutedJam , I haven’t seen this stop and error node yet. It will solve my problem for this specific use case, yet I still think “save execution” node would give much flexibility especially for debugging and legal logging cases.