Download binary file from execution

Describe the problem/error/question

I’m unable to download files from the binary output from the flow. When I try to download from the output Adobe gives me the error (below).It looks like they download as 0 bytes. The files are not corrupted as they upload later in my flow to document management system which see’s them correctly. This is from the initial webhook triggers output.

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 1.20
  • Database (default: SQLite): cloud
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): cloud
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): cloud
  • Operating system: cloud

Hi @Philip_Wiggins, I am very sorry for this.

Can you confirm if the issue still persists for more recent version of n8n for you (1.21.0 and later)? If not, can you enable storing execution data for manual executions as described here and verify if this fixes the problem?

These are production calls. Where I’m receiving the data. I’m now on 1.24 and received 2 this morning where none of the binary files download with data (0 kb) when I click the download button.

I am sorry to hear this @Philip_Wiggins. Can you share your webhook node (you can of course redact anything confidential in there) and provide an example curl request using which the problem can be reproduced?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.