Edit Image node updates [GOT CREATED]

I’m currently using the Edit Image → Text operation in n8n (version 1.104.1) to insert multiline titles into images — often for social media content.

Right now, I have to manually calculate the X position of each text line to visually center the text horizontally. This becomes cumbersome especially when:

  • The number of lines varies
  • Word wrapping is unpredictable
  • True center alignment is desired (like text-align: center)

:pushpin: Feature Request:

Please consider adding these options to the Text operation in the Edit Image node:

  • alignment: left | center | right
  • text-wrap: true with maxWidth or maxCharsPerLine
  • Automatic line splitting based on width and font size
  • Vertical line spacing control (e.g., lineHeight)

:white_check_mark: This would make dynamic image generation much easier, without requiring complex loops or line-by-line positioning via expressions.

Hey there! Just wanted to let you know I ran into the issue of text alignment and built a fix for this.

I’ve submitted a Pull Request on GitHub that adds horizontal and vertical alignment controls: feat(Edit Image Node): Add horizontal and vertical text alignment options by Shaurav-Vora · Pull Request #34505 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

New version n8n@2.39.0 got released which includes the GitHub PR 34505.