Erro - FTP Node

Describe the issue/error/question

Is there any error in ftp node using SFTP, because I have a workflow that was working and now is just not. This is happen to with ssh node.

What is the error message (if any)?

Error: connect->getConnection: Timed out while waiting for handshake
    at fmtError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/ssh2-sftp-client/src/utils.js:55:18)
    at SftpClient.connect (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/ssh2-sftp-client/src/index.js:218:13)
    at Object.execute (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Ftp/Ftp.node.js:373:17)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:658:28)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:585:53

Please share the workflow

(Select the nodes and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow respectively)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.209.3
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite): default
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]: own
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: docker

Hi @rodrigoscdc, I am sorry to hear you’re having trouble. I just ordered an SFTP account from my provider but it seems they aren’t provisioned immediately so I couldn’t test this just yet.

There have been no recent changes to the FTP Node, so I wouldn’t expect any trouble here. A timeout might suggest a firewall preventing network traffic on the port used by your server.

Can you confirm if you’re able to connect to your server again when downgrading your n8n version to the last known working one?

Edit: My account is now ready and a quick test workflow confirms the FTP node still works fine on the current version of n8n:

Result:

Also confirmed the successful upload via a 3rd party FTP client:

So my money would be on some firewall on your end preventing your n8n instance from connecting to your SFTP server.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.