Error Updating AIRTABLE

I’m testing the flow trying to learn and understand how n8n could help me updating information on Airtable

What is the error message (if any)?

{"message":"404 - {\"error\":\"NOT_FOUND\"}","name":"Error","stack":"Error: Request failed with status code 404\n at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:532:35)\n at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1346:12)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"}

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Change the Field Nombre

Information on your n8n setup

• Running via Docker on Synology NAS

What node is generating that error? I don’t have much experience with Airtable unfortunately.

Do you have an example of the API call / URL that calls your Webhook? And perhaps an example of your Airtable file/structure?

The node updating AIRTABLE (called Airtable4)
All the parameters seem ok.

"parameters": {
        "operation": "update",
        "application": "= {{$node[\"Airtable\"].parameter[\"application\"]}}",
        "table": "= {{$node[\"Airtable\"].parameter[\"table\"]}}",
        "id": "={{$node[\"Airtable1\"].json[\"id\"]}}",
        "options": {}
      },

Thanks for your help.
I completely new on this with very limited knowledge, can you help me to understand how to get that information to provide you?
Mi n8n is installed on a Docker on a Synology NAS.

Thanks!

Can you please try to explain what you are looking to accomplish? Or in other words, what is your workflow supposed to do?

@MaaPer and perhaps a small tip: build an test your workflow in n8n’s Desktop App. You can find download links via this web page.

I wanted to try out Airtable someday anyway, so I created an (air)table, and built this little workflow to create a record via a url.

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 13.27.25

Workflow

Please not that I used HTTP Method Get instead of Post. This so that I can test the webhook by pasting in the URL into my web browser, like:

http://localhost:5679/webhook-test/53011ecd-1461-4ac4-86c8-c64af47b189d?ID=123&Name=Dick&Notes=blah

Hope that this might help you get started with n8n and Airtable.

Buena suerte!

1 Like

My flow is just a test flow to understand and learn how to update an Airtable record via n8n.
Basically i filter a table to get one record reference, then I take some data from a GET Node and the I wanted to update the filtered record with the data from the GET (in the future that data to update on Airtable can came from another integration like Stripe or GoCardless).

Thanks, I did the same flow but instead of using my NAS, I did it from Desktop App.
The results are similar if I review the Screenshoots.

When running the Updating Node form NAS:

When run-in the Updating Node from Desktop n8n:

Im sure that there must be something stupid that I’m missing in some step…

Thanks again for your help!

@MaaPer you may want to read this post How does the Airtable > Update work?

In order to update, you first need to set the information to update, for example:

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 17.21.05

Sample workflow:

2 Likes

Many thanks again.

Now that I could complete a full update flow, I will investigate again why is not working my previous flow…

I will revert if I could find something because I thought I was using almost the same procedure (using a Set Node before the updating Node).

OMG!!!

After rewriting the flow from scratch, i realize where the error is.
The issue is that on the first flow i put an extra space on this part in the update node, so that n8n can’t never get to the proper base and table… :tired_face:

Thanks all for your help!

2 Likes

@MaaPer good to hear that you figured it out!

1 Like