Below I make available the images of both Workflows (Parent and Child). I tried to trigger with “database” (returns error) and I already tried an “HTTP request - Post” with a “Webhook trigger” in “Child Workflow” but it didn’t work either, there is no trigger).
What could be wrong?
Very strange. Is the parent workflow active? Does the parent workflow run? How do you know that the child workflow does not run (because you do not see it in the execution list or because you know that the HTTP Request, at the end, did not happen)? Did you set up n8n to save successful runs (and if you are testing manually that it saves manual runs)?
First, I ran the “Cron” node manually to get the data through the “HTTP request”. Then I fixed the information in the “HTTP request” block, in order not to have to make numerous requests to the server while I run the tests. From then on, the executions were manual. In the “Execute Workflow” node
the input data is all filled in correctly, but it returns an error in the output and nothing happens in the “Child Workflow”.
Below is an image of the error.
Q: Is the parent workflow active?
A: I tested it both ways, active and no.
Q: Does the parent workflow run?
A: Yes, but stop in “Execute Workflow” node and return error.
Q: How do you know that the child workflow does not run (because you do not see it in the execution list or because you know that the HTTP Request, at the end, did not happen)?
A: Yes and for the error that occurs in the “Execute Workflow” node in the “parent Workflow”.
Q:Did you set up n8n to save successful runs (and if you are testing manually that it saves manual runs)?
A: I don’t know how to save manual runs
Thanks guys. I get resolved
Sorry reviving this topic, but I’m having the same problem.
I have the Workflow A that receives an webhook that can trigger an “Execute Workflow” in one of it’s ends.
The Workflow B has an “Execute Workflow trigger” but workflow A is giving an error when sending.
I assume that you reference in your child workflow a node called “Webhook” in an expression which does not exist in the child workflow (you can not reference nodes in the parent workflow). For that reason it errors.
Thanks! It was exactly whats was happening.
Thought the error would happen inside the child workflow instead the mother one. Maybe in the error could be added an "doesn’t exist ‘in the called workflow’ ". I could figured it by myself haha.