Impossible to trigger the next workflow

Hey!

I’m building a micro-service app to help people manage their contacts on Hubspot.

My workflow is quite resource-consuming, so I have to split it into three parts; otherwise, my server crashes every time I launch my workflow.

This is about the first part, where I collect all the information in a Webflow form (trigger). Then, I query the Hubspot API for contacts and put the information into a spreadsheet.

My problem is in the last node. It’s impossible to trigger the next workflow. My “Execute Workflow” node sends an error: “Webflow Trigger” node doesn’t exist.

Do you guys know what’s happening there?

Thanks for your help, and have a great day!

• n8n version: 1.24.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): SQLite
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): own, main
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): n8n cloud
  • Operating system: W10

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey, it’s me again.

The same bug occurs even if I delete all the workflow, keeping only the two problematic nodes:

I guess it’s an n8n bug then ?

Hi @dorian, I am sorry you are having trouble.

This sounds like an expression in your sub-workflow is trying to read data from a “Webflow Trigger” node. This will, however, not work as the trigger node running in your sub-workflow will be the Execute Workflow Trigger node instead.

Or in other words, you’d need to ensure the expressions in your sub-workflow only reference data from nodes being used in the sub-workflow.

Can you provide an example workflow for this, Am having the issue so I to use webhooks for the same purpose

Here is an example consisting of one parent and one sub-workflow:

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the response.

It seems to be working just fine.

An update in the “Execute Workflow” documentation may be needed, in my opinion, haha.

1 Like

I had tried the exact same steps but I failed. This one words perfectly

Glad to hear this is now working, happy to pass on this suggestion :slight_smile:

Which changes exactly would you like to see in our docs?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.