Gmail Trigger node polls repeatedly for multiple times for same email even though the workflow is successful

Gmail Trigger node runs repeatedly for the same email multiple times Despite of workflow being successful.

No error message

Please share your workflow

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.218.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): Postgres
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): default
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): Docker
  • Operating system: Linux

This is with reference to the below issue

As per the last comment from Jon, This issue happens for selective emails. And I can see a pattern in them. But still I am not sure if this is the cause.

I can see that this issue happens for mails when the label “UNREAD” is not in the list of labels in the json inside Gmail trigger node. I can observe this for 10 instances from the morning.

However I am not sure why a new email will not have a UNREAD tag. May be a bug from gmail api or downtime during the poll.

I believe “Unread” label must be applied by default for all the poll in n8n. Please let me know your thoughts. If you do not include Labels filter in the Gmail trigger node and send email to the connected gmail account continuously, say 1 email per minute to test, this issue can be reproduced.

Hi @Mahesh_Thiru :wave: I had a quick look and this is a known bug at the moment with the Gmail trigger - I’ll let you know when I have any updates this one.

A workaround could be to use the schedule trigger to fetch unread emails every so many minutes and mark them as read, and that would avoid the issue :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @EmeraldHerald
Thank you for the response. I am doing that now. Just sharing this in the community, so that this can be a possible input for the dev team based on the last response for question # 23568. Thank you again for the workaround provided.

Regards.
Mahesh

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.