Google Calendar Trigger - Deleted events

Hello, I have a question or issue here :slight_smile:

I’m trying to detect the deletion of an event in my google calendar with the new Node “Google Calendar Trigger” but nothing happen/trigger when I delete events. For sure I see something when I update them but not when I delete them… Any idea ? Some option to activate/declare ?

Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile: !

Welcome to the community @Jean-Baptiste_Fleury

I would have expected the update event to be triggered when an event is deleted. I never tested it, though. Since you did and it does not work, then that is not the case. I’m going to make this post a feature request. Make sure you upvote it.

2 Likes

Hello Ricardo,

Thanks for your quick answer, it is upvoted :wink:

Ok so after reading some Google API documentation or other automation tool like Pipedream, it is clearly possible and the best thing to do in my opinion would be to add another option in the dropdown menu “Trigger On” => “Event deleted”. I’ve done an “amazing” mockup to show this :smiley:

Capture d’écran 2022-01-19 153438|690x348

Thanks for all your amazing job anyway :slight_smile: !

3 Likes

Love the mock-up :pray: :laughing:

Actually, deleted events have “cancelled” status (see here). So checking the status on update shoud work. But it doesn’t. I tested it.

When use the “Get All” mode, there’s an option to include deleted events into the responce. The problem with the update trigger is that it clearly doesn’t see the deleted evets so it can’t get their updates.

Is there any workaround for this, while the feature is not released?

Hey @gmsalomao2,

Some good news on this one, @maxT made me aware of this request this morning and I took a very quick look and it turns out it was surprisingly quick to implement so I have put in a PR which can be found below.

Once reviewed it should then be merged and available in a future release, I suspect we may even be in time to have it merged into the 1.12.0 release next week unless something pops up during the review.

2 Likes

Awesome, @Jon :pray: thank you for this

New version [email protected] got released which includes the GitHub PR 7436.

2 Likes

Thank you, guys! This is awesome!