Google Cloud Firestore in Datastore mode

Hello,
I tried to use the Google Cloud Firestore (FS from now on) node to read data from a Google Cloud Datastore (Firestore in Datastore mode, DS from now on) database.

Unfortunately it seems Firestore in Datastore mode is not supported.

The FS node properties are the following

but accessing the DS from the Google Console, I only see the “Namespace” and “Collection” properties.

Now, Collection was easy to fill in, but leaving the “default” Database in the FS node gives the following error:

The Cloud Firestore API is not available for Firestore in Datastore Mode database projects/my-project/databases/(default).

I also tried setting Database property with the DS Namespace, in case it was just a different name for the same thing, but it didn’t work.

So I was wondering, is it possible to also support Firestore in Datastore mode?
Thank you!

Hi @Havock94, I am afraid I couldn’t find a way to make the datastore mode work with the current version of the n8n Firestore node. As such I have converted your question into a feature request so you and other users can vote on having this implemented going forward.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.