Google Sheets Trigger: Requested entity was not found

Describe the problem/error/question

I have set up the authorization, it is also successful. However, the sheet document cannot be opened. Supposedly this is not to be found.

The document was created empty directly in Sheets, so it is not an xls or similar. It doesn’t matter if I try to access it via the ID or the URL.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: The resource you are requesting could not be found

Requested entity was not found.

Details:

Time 12.5.2023, 16:50:07

HTTP Code: 404

Stack
NodeApiError: The resource you are requesting could not be found
    at Object.apiRequest (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Sheet/v2/transport/index.js:92:15)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:96:5)
    at GoogleSheet.spreadsheetGetSheetNameById (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Sheet/v2/helpers/GoogleSheet.js:55:26)
    at Object.poll (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-nodes-base/dist/nodes/Google/Sheet/GoogleSheetsTrigger.node.js:384:31)
    at Workflow.runNode (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-workflow/dist/Workflow.js:658:32)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/n8n-core/dist/WorkflowExecute.js:592:53

Problem in node ‘Google Sheets Trigger‘

The resource you are requesting could not be found

Share the output returned by the last node

It is the first node. It is the Start Trigger.

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: 0.225.2

Hey @yokohiray,

Does the sheet show in the list to select, Does the user that authenticated for the Google Sheets credential also have access to the sheet?

Hey @Jon,

the document don’t show up in the list select. The document owner is the same, like the authorized user.

Hey @yokohiray,

Does your Google App for Sheets also have access to Google Drive? Both APIs tend to be needed, This is of course assuming you are self hosting and not using n8n cloud.

Hey @Jon,

i created the file with Google Sheets over the webinterface. Without the App.
Access to Google Drive exists. Both APIs are activated.

Yes, we are using self hosted n8n.

Hey @yokohiray,

Were both Apps enabled before you authenticated? It might be worth re-authenticating or making the credential again to see if that helps.

@Jon, interesting point. I reconnected, which i already tryed last week. But today it has worked perfectly.
No i just need to figure out, how it updates all rows which has been added. At the moment, it always reads the first one.

But, that’s another topic. Thanks for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.