HTTP POST request error "read ECONNRESET"

Describe the issue/error/question

I have a Http POST request to get access token which has recently started to FAIL with error

What is the error message (if any)?

{"status":"rejected","reason":{"message":"read ECONNRESET","name":"Error","stack":"Error: read ECONNRESET\n at TLSWrap.onStreamRead (node:internal/stream_base_commons:217:20)","code":"ECONNRESET"}}

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

ERROR: UNKNOWN ERROR - check the detailed error for more information

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:0.198.1
  • Database you’re using (default: SQLite):
  • Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
  • **Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]:docker image as cloud run in GCP

Hey @Deshdeep,

That looks like it could be a network issue or possibly some kind of protocol mismatch. I would start by using the latest version of n8n and see if that resolves anything, You mentioned it recently started showing this message so it would be handy to know what has changed as well, if it is nothing on your side then it could be a change on the service you are using.

Hi @Jon Thanks for your thoughts on this. Latest version did not solve the issue for me. I’ll investigate the network side of things both from server and client side and share my findings.

1 Like

Hi @Jon, It was a issue with the server side I was not in my orgs VPC and and didn’t had a static IP for my service. The requests were Tarpitted causing a timeout on my end. I have bonded a outbound static IP and that solved the issue. No issue with n8n!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.