Invoice Ninja Integration v5

Describe the issue/error/question

Cannot connect to Invoice Ninja V5. Credentials are valid and tested with other tools.
Version 4 is still active, whereas the integration does not seem to work with the current v5. Is there an update to v5 planned?

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Forbidden - perhaps check your credentials?
Invalid Token

“message”: “Request failed with status code 403”,

“name”: “Error”,

Information on your n8n setup

• n8n version: Windows 1.0
  • Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Desktop App

Hi @SteffenN, welcome to the community :tada:

I don’t think this is planned yet, but from looking at their new docs it should certainly be possible. It seems the main difference would be the X-Ninja-Token header being renamed to X-Api-Token in v5 and two additional headers (X-Api-Secret, X-Requested-With) are now required to authenticate requests. This is from taking a first look at their v5 Swagger page for a random request.

Unfortunately, they won’t let me test this with my trial account:

In addition, simply changing the respective function in n8n would break v4 API requests, meaning it’s not a trivial change and would require additional consideration.

So for the time being you would need to call their API v5 manually through the HTTP Request node I am afraid.

I shall however convert your question into a feature request, so you and other Invoice Ninja users can vote on this and help the team prioritize development efforts.

Hi @MutedJam ,

thanks for the quick feedback.

In case you need an api token, we have an enterprise plan and a test tenant.

Cheers,
Steffen

1 Like