Linear Node - Select Multiple Teams

The idea is:

Linear Trigger Node only allows you to select one team. It would be useful to be able to select multiple teams to avoid having to duplicate workflows.

My use case:

I have a custom integration between Linear and our help desk system. When an issue in Linear is updated, my workflow performs a series of data alignments and lookups between the two systems before updating the ticket in our help desk system. Currently, you can only select one Linear team and I would prefer to not listen to events on all public teams since this would cause way too many useless workflow executions.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

Would be useful to avoid having to duplicate an entire workflow to listen for events in multiple Linear Teams. Linear does support creating web hooks with multiple teams selected, but N8N does not.

Hi there! Just wanted to mention that your workflow can have multiple triggers. Of course the feature request is still valid but sharing this in case you were not aware of that.

If you do take this approach, I recommend having a placeholder NoOp node after the triggers; and mapping data from there (otherwise expressions will break downstream if you’re referencing “Linear Trigger” instead of “Linear Trigger1”

I was looking to add multiple triggers but realized it would break some of my downstream nodes. Didn’t realize the NoOp node could be used this way. After writing this, I discovered sub-workflows that I adapted to to resolve my problem, but I think I may change it back to a single workflow using your method. Thanks!

1 Like