List and Move Files in Folders in Google Drive

Hey!

I just tried to move files to Google Drive, but somehow I get an error message. I checked everything and it appears to be correct, yet it doesn’t work. It seems that it is trying to add a parent instead of replacing the existing one or am I missing something?

As for listing files in Drive, the documentation says to enable the query string and enter the parent folder ID in the “Parent” field, but when you select and list files, the „parent" field never appears. Perhaps something has been forgotten here. You can only filter by entering the query string "PARENT_ID“ in parents.

Hope someone can help :slight_smile:

This is the Error:
{

“message”: “403 - {“error”:{“errors”:[{“domain”:“global”,“reason”:“teamDrivesParentLimit”,“message”:“A shared drive item must have exactly one parent.”}],“code”:403,“message”:“A shared drive item must have exactly one parent.”}}”,

“name”: “Error”,

“stack”: “Error: Request failed with status code 403 at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15) at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12) at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11) at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35) at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1358:12) at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)”

}

1 Like

Hi @denobeno, this error message sounds like we might not be removing the old parent when setting the new one. Most likely because we’re using the addParents parameter here rather than setting the parents[] parameter. Perhaps @Jon can take a look at the Google Drive node when he has a bit of time?

1 Like

Just a note to say I’m encountering this issue too. A fix would be great.

Hey @James_Haptivate,

It is on my list but I have not had a chance to take a proper look at it yet. Are you also seeing it on a shared drive?

1 Like

Hey @Jon - Thanks for the quick reply. Yes it’s in a shared drive.