Mailchimp "Update Operation" missing "Tags" field

Hey!

Is there a reason why the “Tags” field is missing when you create a Mailchimp node Operation->Update, but you can set up the “Tags” if you choose Operation->Create?

Thanks!

Hey @Darius_Dumitru,

It could just be that updating them wasn’t defined as a feature that was needed when the node was created.

A lot of the time when we make a node we ask what features are needed and implement those which does mean that sometimes bits are missed that others may find useful.

The other side of it is some nodes are made by community members and they may only add what they are using.

Either way I have changed this to a feature request for you so that we know we need to add it in the future.

Thanks, @Jon . Hope this will be in a future update.

2 Likes

@Jon Do you know if I can update the tags in Mailchimp via a HTTP node with PUT Method?

Hey @Darius_Dumitru,

As long as the Mailchimp API allows it the HTTP Node would provide a good workaround.

How could you manage to update the tags then? help please

Hey, I’d like to share my input here on how to update Mailchimp Tags, as you might already know, the update node doesn’t have the option to add/remove a tag. Here, I’ll show you how to use an HTTP Request to achieve this.

First of all, start with a GET request. In this request, you’ll receive some links within the body. You can use these links as parameters (so it works with all the users it returns, not just one). I added “/tags” to emphasize that it’s the route for tags. In the body, pass the JSON related to the tag you want to add. If you want to delete a tag, simply set it to “inactive” and it will disappear. In Mailchimp’s documentation, you can find many more routes.
Hope this can help some people.

**my If node, is redundant, im just using to filter people that mailchimp could not find, this is just part of my real workflow.

1 Like