Mailgun node custom data

How to set custom data, like reply-to with mailgun node?

This is necessary for a large number of use-cases, for example to transfer analytics variables:

Hey @maxbaluev!

Welcome to the community!

It is currently not possible to send a header with the Mailgun node. However, until this capability gets added to the node, you can use the HTTP Request node. I am updating this post to feature request.

I think the basic email field should be part of all the email integrations. Reply-to is the main one I’ve seen missing. But obviously the extra data would be nice, too.

@vlad, welcome to the community

The Mailgun node definitely needs some love. It was probably one of the first nodes created. Hence it does not include all those important fields.

Btw @maxbaluev make sure you upvote the feature request.

Thanks @RicardoE105. I was going to experiment a little and see if I can add the reply-to field. But, following the Contributing guide, there was an error, “ERESOLVE unable to resolve dependency tree”, when running the lerna command. I ran npm install --force as it suggested but then when running npm run dev I kept getting missing command errors. I installed a few, like typescript, concurrently, and nodemon but then I gave up cause it seemed like it was just going to keep asking for more missing packages. I’m thinking these are due to lerna not finishing running npm install in each module? Not sure, I’m not familiar with lerna. Any suggestions?

Not sure what might be happening. What version of Nodejs do you have installed? Check the link below. Some people in the community seem to has had the same issue.

Thanks! I’ll take a look at those threads. I used node 16 but I didn’t notice any node version requirements in the guide. I can try it with 14 and see what the other people came up with.

For what it’s worth @vlad - I was having a few weird issues with running n8n locally on node 16. Reverting to node 14 resolved all that and now it’s running great.

I pulled down the latest code and switched to node 14 and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks.

3 Likes