Make workflow static data accessible

Utilising workflow static data can greatly improve some workflows. It would be great if:

1. static data could be viewed, edited, inspected at a workflow, or node, level
  2. static data could be accessed within expressions

Submitted a PR so we can set staticData from the “Set” node - Set workflow staticData with Set node by pemontto · Pull Request #2416 · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub

1 Like

I agree with using staticData at the node level (it is very tedious to use a Function node each time to check for new posts in the rss feed), but how about creating a new node as a Static node instead of adding functions to the Set node?
If all the user needs is a UI that allows data to be saved throughout the workflow, I think it is good to define it as a Static node and adding it read/write parameter. Also, if, for example, there is data that we want to store permanently on disk, and we want to change the node, the developer would only need to rewrite part of the node.

1 Like

i also agree with this

Having an UI for this would help! I was looking for this feature, but I’m still trying to understand how to use it, because it’s not intuitive.

I think these two proposals are very useful. Why haven’t any of them been implemented yet?