Making hosting easier: Preconfigured One Click App or Button

Hey, I was building a couple workflows and then has to start thinking about hosting so I can actually use them daily. I’ve seen a couple a companies offer simpler hosting alternatives through preconfigured 1-Click Apps on Digital Ocean and Heroku Buttons. Is that something that can be developed for n8n?

Honestly do not have any experience with any of them. Esp. not with how hard they are to create and maintain. For that reason did I create this tutorial instead

Think it is reasonable “easy” for all technical people to follow and set n8n up themselves on all available hosting providers. For all others are we currently working on a hosted version which will be similar to any other SaaS product and everything will be taken care of automatically. We are doing our best right now to get it up and running asap.

3 Likes

@malgamves

GitHub - sarveshpro/n8n-heroku: n8n docker implementation for heroku.

3 Likes

Hey @saal,
Great work! You beat me to the punch on this one! I had this on my “to do” list!

@saal thanks for sharing n8n-heroku. Pretty slick way to get self-hosted n8n started quickly!

@malgamves we also have n8n.cloud, our cloud version of n8n launching in the near future. With it, you can create an account and quickly get a persistent private n8n instance without worrying about server management and the like. If you’re interested, the early access sign-up is here: n8n.io/hosting

4 Likes

Thanks @maxT - I’ve signed up.

Also great job @saal so nice and easy to setup!

1 Like

Just a word from a newcomer. I discovered n8n today and it’s really great. I like how easy it is.

The main drawback is about the “deploy” step. There is little to no explanation about how to do that.
I’ve signed up to the upcoming cloud offering, but meanwhile I tried it locally using the tunnel feature.

I tried the Heroku link above, but it doesn’t work for some unknown reason. Deploy with Heroku throws error · Issue #16 · sarveshpro/n8n-heroku · GitHub

So, this is definitely the pain point about using n8n at this time, for anything more than playing around. (loved the video about watching github stars btw, great use case!)

Welcome to the community @Ambroise!

Yes, agree getting n8n is not trivial. We have however a step-by-step guide on how to do it which can be found here:

We invite new people to our hosted offering daily so you should receive an invite soon.

1 Like

Hi @Ambroise just wanted to let you know that n8n.cloud is now available openly. You can go to n8n.cloud and setup an account.

Look forward to seeing you on the platform!

2 Likes

FYI I forked and fixed the above-mentioned Heroku template repository.

See Deploy with Heroku throws error · Issue #16 · sarveshpro/n8n-heroku · GitHub

Repository (fork):

@jan FYI it broke because of the n8n version, I wonder if it might break again in the future when new versions of n8n are published :thinking: If you have any input about that.