MYSQL module add "Stored Proceedure Call" option

The idea is:

If you execute a stored procedure call as a regular query, the results are kind of a mess. The row headers aren’t exposed easily, and the procedure results end up as an “extra” item that needs to be filtered out.

My use case:

Anything there the query is “CALL ”

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

Eliminates a lot of post processing of results. Also, I think there are cases where a stored procedure can return multiple recordsets, and it’d be good to handle that intelligently.

Any resources to support this?

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/call.html

Are you willing to work on this?

Nobody really wants me to touch code that others will use in production. :slight_smile:

I am dealing with this EXACT problem.

The biggest pain is that the MySQL node with the stored procedure call now returns 2 items and screws up all the subsequent nodes.

How did you solve it? And I seriously hope they implement a stored procedure call option for n8n!

This was too long ago for me to remember what I did, sorry.

Are you self hosting? If so, you could install the mysql2 Node module and write a little script for the code module to make your stored procedure call, process the results, and output them in a format that you can use in the rest of your workflow.

There seem to be a lot of situations where “a little code” is a much better answer than “no code” which is why I like n8n so much more than Make.

Lee