Notion Credential - Couldn't connect with these settings

Describe the issue/error/question

I am trying connecting the Notion Node with Notion API following this tutorial Notion - n8n Documentation. However I am getting an error when trying to connect it. It would be great if anyone encountered this issue before and can help me out ~

What is the error message (if any)?

Hey @Yeow_kin_Wong,

If you close that credential window and tell it to save them are you able to use the node anyway?

1 Like

Oh! It actually works, thanks for the tips. I never bother to try it as i thought it will fail. Thanks @Jon !

1 Like

Hello. I have the same problem:

Couldn’t connect with these settings
No testing function found for this credential.

I tried to use different API keys. Always the same result. Any ideas?

Hey @mnardit,

Like above did you try to use the node anyway? It should still work.

That was a bug in credential testing for versioned nodes. It got fixed and will be released with the next version tomorrow.

It is really “just” a bug in the test which checks if the credentials work. Meaning they will still work correctly if you use them anyway.

See also this issue:

So I tested it as you mentioned above. It works a bit strange. For example, it works if I want to get a list of all users:

But if I want to get a list of databases it doesn’t work at all:

Hey @mnardit,

Have you added your integration to your Notion database? If you go to the Share link on the top right of any database or page you can then add the integration you made to it which will allow it to see the data.

1 Like

Thank you! It works perfect now.

2 Likes

wordpress and WooCommerce Couldn’t connect with these settings.
It is quite possible to connect and the node does not work even if I try

Important modules don’t work it’s really unbelievable that a simple api connection won’t work

Hey @Job_Service,

That looks like your wordpress service is returning a 503 error code and saying the service is not available. Can you share the URL you are connecting to? I suspect the issue could be there maybe it sends with a / and that is causing an issue, Does the credential test work or does that also show an error?

It is probably worth opening a new thread as well as this one is old and about a different service.

code error

{“message”:“503 - "\n\nThe page is temporarily unavailable\n\nbody { font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; }\n\n\n<body bgcolor=\"white\" text=\"black\">\n<table width=\"100%\" height=\"100%\">\n\n<td align=\"center\" valign=\"middle\">\nThe page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
\nPlease try again later.\n
\n1091d8ed9747e5e27da69389328093bf\n6d3746715a6af4946d6a6fa2718ae2fa\nd22ff291797093d5d97848fe575b1f69\n\n\n\n\n\n"”,“name”:“Error”,“stack”:“Error: Request failed with status code 503\n at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15)\n at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12)\n at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11)\n at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:525:35)\n at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1358:12)\n at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)”}

I’ve tried ZAPIER software, no problem, it connects in seconds

http://136.244.119.156:5678/workflow
here is my link that I installed in a Docker VPS

And here is the WordPress link I’ve already tried several sites it doesn’t work and on ZAPIER it works very very well

Thanks to you

Hey @Job_Service,

That URL was very useful thanks, So after doing some testing it looks like we can call the API using the HTTP Request node but as soon as we add our user agent header Wordpress is returning the 503 error.

I have just done a test on some other Wordpress sites and the node is working generally, Just to be complete I have set the User Agent string in an HTTP Request node to Zapier instead of n8n and that works.

I suspect there is a plugin installed that is blocking the user agent, Do you have anything like Wordfence / WP Total Security installed?

1 Like

Bonjour, ni aucun plugin qui bloque sur Zapier, il fonctionne instantanément, il fonctionne directement. Après d’autres tests, il est complètement impossible de connecter votre logiciel à Word press.

It’s a real shame I don’t understand why it won’t connect. Why other automation software there is no problem but only your software can’t be connected

It’s a real shame I don’t understand why it won’t connect. Why other automation software there is no problem but only your software can’t be connected

Hello, nor any plugin that blocks on Zapier, it works instantly, it works directly. After further tests, it is completely impossible to connect your software to Word press.

Hey @Job_Service,

I know why n8n is not able to connect and I have tested against other installs of Wordpress that work with no issues. What I don’t know is what is stopping it from working on your setup of Wordpress, From the testing I have done there is something blocking the user agent header which may not be intentional. I don’t know if this is a firewall on the server hosting wordpress or a plugin but any information you can share would be very useful.

1 Like

And I would like to agree with your conclusion but in this case why like other automation tools works without problem and then I checked on the forum a lot of users of your software to the same problem I can not connect to Word press I really think that your software is the problem

Example wordpress uses the same way to connect as your software it’s the same protocol and it works without problem check the forum many people can’t connect on wordpress I’m not the only one

Hey @Job_Service,

Can you provide links of other users with the same issue? As a test can you add a new Wordpress credential, Leave the username and password empty and set the URL to https://www.wpexplorer.com/ this a Wordpress blog I have just found by doing a quick google search for “Wordpress Blog”.

If you set a Wordpress node to use that credential, Set the resource to post and the Operation to Get Many you should see the below.

Can you share a list of all of the plugins you currently have installed? I can change the user agent string we use to something else but that will potentially break the node for other users if they are whitelisting user agents.

A quick look at your site I can see…

Yoast
Jetpack
WooCommerce
Contact Form 7

I have done a quick test on a local install I have that I have WooCommerce and Jetpack on and I can see these are not causing issues although it may depend on configuration.

If you are able and willing to provide the list I can go through them and work out which one could be causing the issue.