Outlook - Change name or functionality

The idea is:

The already existing Outlook Node only includes E-Mail functionality.
Outlook offers more than E-Mail, just to name one the calendar is also Outlook.
So I would suggest
a) Changing the name to Outlook Mail
or
b) Adding the other functionalities (see Docs)

My use case:

I want to use the Outlook Calendar

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

Clearing things up, just Outlook sounds like it includes everything

Any resources to support this?

(see Docs)

Are you willing to work on this?

Yes, certainly.

Hey @AltayAkkus,

I am sure the extra functionality will be added but for the current node it was likely created based on what was needed at the time.

If you wanted to extend the node you can find the GitHub repo here: GitHub - n8n-io/n8n: Free and open fair-code licensed node based Workflow Automation Tool. Easily automate tasks across different services.

Are you after the full set of features or just certain calls for now like create and list?

The API calls for Outlook calendar are just a few, 10 or something. I will integrate them all.
Other functionalities of Outlook, I dont know I dont think I have the time for it :smiley:

1 Like

I suspect not having the time may be why the node doesn’t currently support everything :slightly_smiling_face:

I tend to find it is quicker to implement what you need then update as requests come in for other features.

If you need any help adding in the other options or just want another set of eyes to check what you are doing give me a shout :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hey,
unfortunately I can’t continue working on this feature.
While I love n8n for its simplicity and UI, the lack of a multi tenant solution is a dealbreaker for me and the company I am employed in.
It’s sad, I would have loved to work with n8n :frowning: Unfortunately I will never get it past the persons who control this sort of stuff in my company.

1 Like

Hey @AltayAkkus,

No worries, the user management feature is on the way so give it a month or so and check back.

You could put together a multi tenant solution if you spin up a new backend for each tenant which I think is how the cloud instances work.

1 Like

That sounds awesome!!!
I switched my presentation to Node-Red but I will switch it back, the UI is just too nice :smiley:
(Just a little note: A way to group/restrict nodes would be awesome, my organization would have a lot of headaches with allowing everyone to execute custom code)

I suspect that could be part of it, are you looking at using for your company or for your customers?

Any luck with this feature, this would be super useful for me, as I found n8n while looking for a way to sync multiple calendars from outlook, google etc… into a single one. Sadly, Outlook Calendar API is not supported

Hey @VladoPortos,

Welcome to the community :raised_hands:

We tend to base new features on the amount of votes, This one only has 1 vote so has not been looked at or really thought about yet.

You might be able to use the Outlook Calendar API thought the HTTP Request node if needed though.