Processing List Items via LLM

Hi n8n LLM experts,
I have the following use case:

• Upload a list of 100 Roles
  • Ask the LLM on the important skills of the future for those 100 Roles and the rationale behind it
  • Get results like 10skills for each role
  • Ask the LLM to rate the availability of those skills on a scale from 1 to 5.

The output should be a table containing the following columns:

1. Role
  2. Future Skills - each skill in a row
  3. Rationale for why the skill is important
  4. Rating of availability of those skills on 1-5 rating scale

The Output should be downloadable as a csv

Is n8n the right tool for this? I am not looking into creating a chatbot this should be simply import a list - have the LLM enrich the data and output a list.
I have managed to do this in a tool called KNIME but feel going forward n8n is the right tool for it and will give me more flexibility to tweak the LLM.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Stefan

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hey @Stefan_Hierl,

Welcome to the community :tada:

Sure this looks like it is possible and it will all come down to the prompt to you use, As an example the workflow below will output the data using GPT-4 as the LLM of choice but there are other options depending on what you would want to use. I have also used a code node to mock the data input as I don’t have a database or sheet of roles to work from.

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your reply.
It’s clear that the “Message Model - OpenAI” Node is the right one for sending my data to the LLM.
What I am wondering is if there is no convenient way for “non-developers” to feed list data into that node and get it out via n8n like for example via csv, or Excel. - feels like such a common thing.

So thanks for clarifying this.

If n8n is not meant to deal with file based input - output I am happy to consider alternatives and happy for any hint here.

Best regards
Stefan

Hey @Stefan_Hierl,

I guess using vector stores and embeddings you might be able to achieve something that is how people are generally working with questioning files or by using a custom tool to get the data from a file.

Check out the template below which might be exactly what you are after.