Proposal for an Integrated LLM Feature for Intuitive Workflow Creation in n8n

Hello n8n Community,

I hope everyone is doing well and finding joy in automating and optimizing their workflows. Today, I wanted to share an idea that’s been on my mind, and I’m eager to hear your thoughts and hopefully garner support for it.

Proposal: Built-in Large Language Model (LLM) for n8n

As we all know, n8n is a powerful, fair-code workflow automation tool that enables us to connect anything to everything with its intuitive, visual workflow editor. However, creating complex workflows can sometimes be daunting, especially for beginners or those transitioning from other platforms. This is where my proposal comes in: integrating a Large Language Model (LLM) directly into n8n.

The Vision:

Imagine describing the workflow you want to build in natural language, and n8n automatically creates it for you using the appropriate nodes and connectors. For example, you could say, “I want to pull the latest tweets from my company’s Twitter account, analyze the sentiment, and send a summary email every Monday,” and n8n would draft this workflow for you to review, modify, or extend.

Features and Benefits:

1. Intuitive Workflow Creation: Just describe what you want, and n8n does the rest. This lowers the entry barrier for new users and speeds up the development process for veterans.

2. Smart Organization and Tracking: The LLM could also help organize and track all your workflows, suggesting optimizations or highlighting redundancies based on your entire workflow ecosystem.

3. Seamless Modification: Want to change a part of your workflow? Just tell the LLM what you’re looking to adjust (“Change the email recipient to the marketing team”), and it’s done. This could include creating, modifying, or deleting nodes and connectors.

4. Learning and Adaptation: Over time, the LLM could learn from the global n8n community, becoming smarter and more efficient at creating workflows based on best practices and common use cases.

Implementation Considerations:

• Privacy and Security: Ensuring that workflow descriptions and any proprietary information are processed securely, with clear policies on data usage.
  • Customization and Control: Users should have the final say, with the ability to tweak or completely overhaul the LLM’s suggestions.
  • Accessibility and Inclusion: Making this feature accessible to all users, regardless of their technical background or language.

Closing Thoughts:

I believe that integrating an LLM into n8n could revolutionize how we approach workflow automation, making it more accessible, efficient, and fun. I would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions, and any concerns you might have. Let’s discuss how we can make n8n even better together!