Provide null value to Notion's end date range?

Hi,

Shouldn’t it be possible to provide ‘null’ as an expression to Date End in the Notion node to effectively make the Range toggle dynamic? It would save the hassle of having two separate nodes for dates with ranges and dates without…

Where it says null in {{ $json.end || null }} I’ve also tried “” and {}.

Any insight appreciated, cheers

Hi @Tony_McHugh :wave:

I had a quick test of this - a Date can be null, but it looks only like this occurs if the date is left blank. “Completed” is a date in this particular test database, and I could only get a null field out of a blank property:

@Jon might be able to help me confirm if this is expected (and just a rather unhelpful error message you’re getting in return) or a bug, tomorrow :thinking:

Can you also let us know:

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @EmeraldHerald,

Thanks for getting back. I’ve noticed that too however I get an error when Range is toggled on and Date End is blank. Out of interest, would you mind testing that?

• n8n version: 1.5.1
  • Database (default: SQLite): PostgreSQL I think
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): :man_shrugging:
  • Running n8n via: Docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu-22.04

Is there a way to save this signature by the way??

Thanks

Hi @Tony_McHugh :wave: After both @Jon and I looked into this one a little deeper, it looks like this is probably a bug in the Notion node with how we set the range. I’ll flag this with our engineers to take a look :+1: Unfortunately I wouldn’t have any workaround for this when it comes to a Range, even after testing :confused:

I don’t believe you’d be able to save that as a signature, but that should be part of the template whenever you create a new topic :+1:

Cool cool, thanks for letting me know

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.