Refreshing OAuth2 token automatically

Hi everyone, new to the forums and plan to contribute.

I have created a workflow to send a push notification to users from Firebase cloud messaging. I used the method described here: Firebase Push Notification via HTTP Node - #5 by hamidrexa (had to use the generic oauth2 api as for the google one, the scope I need is not supported.

Now I am running into the following problem: after a while I need to reauthenticate with my google account for the http node to still work. Otherwise I get a warning that the token is no longer valid.

Any thoughts on how to fix this? Could not find the answer on the forum.

Hi @Omnibas :wave: Welcome to the community!

Would you be able to provide some steps on how to reproduce your problem?

I’m curious if you’re running into something such as a query parameter being wrong such as not setting access_type=offline in the oauth credentials, or something else that Google might need, or even this issue with the oauth token being a test user:

But if you could tell us what all is needed to test this, I’d be happy to look into it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did indeed not see access_type=offline, lets see if that fixes the problem. The placeholder confused me, I thought it was already set. Thanks, I will let you know if it works.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.