Hello! Help please, the “cut” command is not executed, that is, the output of information does not come back, the command is executed on the som server and I receive the data, nothing happens through the web. I want to get information from a file but nothing happens
Hey @This_is_real_life,
Are you using the execute node to run the cat command? I have given it a quick go here and the cat command seems to be returning data.
How do you have n8n installed is it in a container?
this is my first experience with docker, put on man Server Setup | Docs
I do not have such a directory as you have on the screen
That is odd uptime should return something.
My theory with the cat option was that the file you were trying to read was not available to the container but uptime not working is really odd.
What version of n8n are you running and just to double check you did hit the execute node button at the top right?
of course I started, 0.142
verified the command, noticed that he did not execute it at all, tried to execute it with saving cat / root / files / 123 >> / root / logs
nothing survived
Is it possible that the node is disabled? or is the node before the SSH node not returning any data? Can you share your workflow? To do so, just copy all the nodes and paste them here.
what are you speaking about?
As I suspected, the executed command node is disabled (that is why it’s greyed out). Just click on it and press d on your keyboard or click on the play-like button that shows when you hover over the node - check the image below.

Now it’s executing. I would do something simpler before using cat, like doing a ls -l to see if at least list the files within the root directory;
The command is being executed in the container, not in the host. The container has its file system. Suppose you want the container to have access to the files in the host; you need to use volumes. Assuming that you followed the server setup tutorial if you want to have access to the file 123, you need to add it to /root/n8n/.n8n in the host, and in the execute the command, you should be able to reach it using cat /home/node/.n8n/123
does not find
version: “3”
services:
traefik:
image: “traefik”
restart: always
command:
- “–api=true”
- “–api.insecure=true”
- “–providers.docker=true”
- “–providers.docker.exposedbydefault=false”
- “–entrypoints.web.address=:80”
- “–entrypoints.web.http.redirections.entryPoint.to=websecure”
- “–entrypoints.web.http.redirections.entrypoint.scheme=https”
- “–entrypoints.websecure.address=:443”
- “–certificatesresolvers.mytlschallenge.acme.tlschallenge=true”
- “–certificatesresolvers.mytlschallenge.acme.email=${SSL_EMAIL}”
- “–certificatesresolvers.mytlschallenge.acme.storage=/letsencrypt/acme.json”
ports:
- “80:80”
- “443:443”
volumes:
- ${DATA_FOLDER}/letsencrypt:/letsencrypt
- /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro
n8n:
image: n8nio/n8n
restart: always
ports:
- “127.0.0.1:5678:5678”
labels:
- traefik.enable=true
- traefik.http.routers.n8n.rule=Host(${SUBDOMAIN}.${DOMAIN_NAME})
- traefik.http.routers.n8n.tls=true
- traefik.http.routers.n8n.entrypoints=web,websecure
- traefik.http.routers.n8n.tls.certresolver=mytlschallenge
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.SSLRedirect=true
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.STSSeconds=315360000
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.browserXSSFilter=true
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.contentTypeNosniff=true
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.forceSTSHeader=true
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.SSLHost=${DOMAIN_NAME}
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.STSIncludeSubdomains=true
- traefik.http.middlewares.n8n.headers.STSPreload=true
environment:
- N8N_BASIC_AUTH_ACTIVE=true
- N8N_BASIC_AUTH_USER
- N8N_BASIC_AUTH_PASSWORD
- N8N_HOST=${SUBDOMAIN}.${DOMAIN_NAME}
- N8N_PORT=5678
- N8N_PROTOCOL=https
- NODE_ENV=production
- WEBHOOK_URL=https://${SUBDOMAIN}.${DOMAIN_NAME}/
- GENERIC_TIMEZONE=${GENERIC_TIMEZONE}
volumes:
- ${DATA_FOLDER}/.n8n:/home/node/.n8n
- /local-files:/files
The screenshot says “No such file or directory” this means. There is no such file present.
Can you run this command?
ls /home/node/.n8n
Also, Can you tell us your usecase or what you’re trying to achieve? So we can help you with that more clearly
using the command, I managed to create a folder inside the directory, but I can’t find it on the server









