Sent email in sent folder

Hello, I send email with “Send Email” but now I would like to have the sent email in my sent folder. How can I do this.

Hi @mac338, this isn’t something the SMTP protocol used by Send Email node offers afaik. Email clients implementing such behaviour would typically do this via a parallel IMAP connection. This isn’t something the node itself could do though I am afraid.

If you need additional visibility, perhaps you want to use the BCC option of the Send Email node instead and simply BCC your messages to a separate account?

Hi MutedJam, thanks for the answer. Unfortunately, your proposal is not a solution but rather a workaround. I think the node should be extended by the following points

See picture

@MutedJam
Is it possible to expand the node?

Probably not tbh. Adding IMAP as a second protocol to the SMTP node increases complexity and the likelihood of errors from my perspective.

I’ll convert your question into a feature request though, so you and other users can vote on having this implemented going forward.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.