Service account in n8n

Describe the problem/error/question

Hello guys,
Recently, I started working with a service account with n8n. But ever since I switched to
Google Service Account account, i wasnt able to do anything with google drive node (Copy, create…).
And im getting an error about permissions. I will show the error below, if anyone knows how it can be solved.
I can grant access to the file i want to modify, but copying or uploading a file cannot be done.

What is the error message (if any)?

ERROR: Forbidden - perhaps check your credentials?

403 - {“error”:{“code”:403,“message”:“The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file.”,“errors”:[{“message”:“The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file.”,“domain”:“global”,“reason”:“insufficientFilePermissions”}]}} - The user does not have sufficient permissions for this file.

Please share your workflow

(Select the nodes on your canvas and use the keyboard shortcuts CMD+C/CTRL+C and CMD+V/CTRL+V to copy and paste the workflow.)

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• **n8n version:1.16.0
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • **Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):Docker
  • **Operating system linux

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Hi @Nazih_Saba, I am so sorry for this.

I know the service account authentication is somewhat broken in recent versions of the Google Drive node. In such cases, using an older node version might help.

In addition, from looking at the error message, is there a chance you have not configured user impersonation for your Google Service Account?

For the credentials in n8n, the impersonation of a user is off yes.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.