Support logit bias for OpenAI models

The idea is:

• Logit bias (logitBias) is a valuable parameter that controls the weight placed on certain tokens in a model’s output
  • Currently, the OpenAI and Azure OpenAI nodes do not support logit bias as a parameter
  • This should be supported as it is extremely valuable for scenarios such as classification, decisionmaking, etc.

My use case:

• I have a Slack bot that responds to threads when it is directly addressed—OR when its input is likely to be valuable
  • Building a simple LLM chain with a logit bias of 100 for true and false improves accuracy significantly, uses fewer tokens, and improves response time (as it is only one output token)
  • This also works extremely well for labeling things like emails (weight 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc. to 100)

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

• See above

Any resources to support this?

Are you willing to work on this?

Yes—but maybe someone more familiar with the library can take this and run with it:

For the true / false classifier, I just used an extra LangChain Code node with the following:

const { ChatOpenAI } = require('langchain/chat_models/openai');

const llmInput = await this.getInputConnectionData('ai_languageModel', 0);
console.log(`llmInput:`, llmInput);

const { lc_kwargs } = { ...llmInput };
console.log(`lc_kwargs`, lc_kwargs);

const logitBias = {
  "1904": 100,
  "3934": 100,
};

const model = new ChatOpenAI({
  ...lc_kwargs,
  logitBias,
});
console.log(`model:`, model);

return model;

If this were added as a parameter with an input option in the dropdown, this would significantly decrease unnecessary complexity