Swagger/postman codegen

OK, it might be an urge work, but it would be really great to have a code generator to create custom nodes from a swagger file or a postman collection (like in Microsoft flow)

A while ago I wanted to create a node that can read them directly. But that is currently however not possible with how nodes get loaded and would so probably need a bigger change.
So it is a great idea to create a separate tool to create a full node out if it. It would also be helpful later because much of the code could be reused when a Swagger/Postman node can be created which reads the configuration directly.

1 Like

It would be a great addition to the project as a whole.

Please considder adding such a node/functionality.

bumping this one, seems like a no-brainer. I have so many http request nodes for which I have the swagger spec; I believe this feature would really improve the experience and make my nodes and workflows more robust.

Also important to mention that my comment from over 3 years ago is long outdated. With the declarative node design that exists for a while that would now be much simpler.

2 Likes

@jan this would be truly game changer if such node generator would be built. I saw there has been some attempts many years ago, but nothing seems to exists currently?

I wanted to give this a bump in 2024. I’m new to n8n and can speak from experience that it would save tons of time. For stimuli, I’ve included some older docs from Microsoft Power Automate’s (formerly Microsoft Flow) support for connectors built via OpenAPI. The first link includes a good walkthrough with plenty of screenshots.