[Templates with Versioning Capability] Ability to do updates / releases on n8n templates just like nodes

The idea is:

I propose adding versioning capability to workflow templates in n8n. This feature would allow users to manage and update templates similar to nodes, including version IDs, update notifications, and links to view update content.

My use case:

This feature would greatly benefit users who frequently use and share workflow templates within the n8n community. It would enable better tracking of template changes and facilitate seamless updates across different workflows.

I think it would be beneficial to add this because:

Introducing versioning for workflow templates will enhance user experience by providing clear version control, simplifying template management, and ensuring users are always aware of the latest updates.

Any resources to support this?

No specific external documentation at the moment.

Are you willing to work on this?

I am unable to work on implementing this feature, but I strongly believe it would be a valuable addition for the n8n community. As a creator, sharing templates is currently effortless. However, the challenge lies in updating them and alerting users about potential updates that might affect nodes or APIs. This issue may become more prominent in the future as the number of templates grows beyond manual oversight. Implementing versioning, possibly through automated updates using GitHub URLs or webhooks, would be a crucial enhancement to ensure a smoother experience for users.