Typescript error redis clienthset when building on macos

Hi all!

I would like to extend the asana node so I tried to setup n8n on macos. I know it’s not officially supported but should work.

I went back and forth and tried on 2 different machines (both macs) but I always run into a typescript error when running npm run build (or npm run dev):

Building for production...Starting type checking and linting service...
Using 1 worker with 2048MB memory limit
⠸  Building for production...nodes/Redis/Redis.node.ts:405:32 - error TS2554: Expected 1 arguments, but got 3.

405  				await clientHset(keyName, key, (value as IDataObject)[key]!.toString());

Now, I couldn’t find anyone else having that issue so it might be completely my fault, but getting it on 2 different machines made me wanting to ask the community.

Actually the only idea I have is that a very recent (typescript?) package update is the reason so other people with an older version are fine, but this is just a wild guess.

Does anyone have an idea what I could do (except moving to linux)?

Thanks and any response is much appreciated! Silvio

Welcome to the community @einSelbst!

It should actually work on MacOS without problems and is also supported.

I just blew away node_modules folders and package-lock.json files and I had then exactly the same problem after installing all the dependencies again (on Ubuntu). Looks like something has changed. As I do not have the time to debug it right away, did I for now simply ignore the line that people can build again. We will then have a proper look later.

1 Like

Ok, thank you for confirming and the quickfix!