Users, workflows and Credentials

Hi Community! How are you!?

I wanted to ask you what associates User> Credentials and User> Workflows when you export and import? The only thing I found was how to export credentials + workflows, but I don’t know if there is a way to export also users and associate the workflows and credentials generated by the user with it. And another question if that is not possible if there is any procedure to export and import a SQLite db to Postgres in an AWS RDS.

Thank you very much as always!
Regards,

Hi @Internalit_Automatio, hope you’re having a good day? :slight_smile:

I don’t think the n8n CLI handling data exports and imports currently accounts for workflow or credential ownership (or users in general) I am afraid. On the n8n product side of things, the CLI currently lives with @romain-n8n’s team. Perhaps he knows if there’s a way around this or if there are any plans to change this going forward?

As a workaround, you can try to manually transfer your db data as described here, but there’s a lot more db tables these days which you’d need to take into account. Also, you’d need to copy the config file in your .n8n directory when migrating to another instance, otherwise the credentials cannot be decrypted. With this being a completely unsupported operation, make sure to take backups beforehand.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.