Because this is my first post, I need to say thanks for the great product, especially because it’s built in Berlin! Anyhow, I would love to make use of the already existing oAuth flow in n8n to create oAuth token for users to store them by initializing the flow in self-made frontend.
Here is an example of what I mean:
- Let’s say I have already set up a Google Drive node with “OAuth Redirect URL”, “Client ID” and “Client Secret”.
- Let’s assume I have a fronted, which shows an “Authenticate with Google” button.
- After the user is clicking the button, redirect to Google Auth Page.
- User clicks accept
- Callback to n8n and storing the response into Supabase.
- User redirect to frontend where the button click happened.
So basically, I would like n8n handle the whole flow in the background. Additional data I would need to pass from the client (browser) to n8n is the Supabase id of a particular user, so that the Supabase node knows where to store the response.
I’ve seen this post which is the right direction, but this one expects already the auth token.
- n8n version: 0.213.0
- Database you’re using (default: SQLite): Postgres
- Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
- Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Kubernetes