Describe the issue/error/question
Because this is my first post, I need to say thanks for the great product, especially because it’s built in Berlin! Anyhow, I would love to make use of the already existing oAuth flow in n8n to create oAuth token for users to store them by initializing the flow in self-made frontend.
Here is an example of what I mean:
- Let’s say I have already set up a Google Drive node with “OAuth Redirect URL”, “Client ID” and “Client Secret”.
- Let’s assume I have a fronted, which shows an “Authenticate with Google” button.
- After the user is clicking the button, redirect to Google Auth Page.
- User clicks accept
- Callback to n8n and storing the response into Supabase.
- User redirect to frontend where the button click happened.
So basically, I would like n8n handle the whole flow in the background. Additional data I would need to pass from the client (browser) to n8n is the Supabase id of a particular user, so that the Supabase node knows where to store the response.
I’ve seen this post which is the right direction, but this one expects already the auth token.
Information on your n8n setup
- n8n version: 0.213.0
- Database you’re using (default: SQLite): Postgres
- Running n8n with the execution process [own(default), main]:
- Running n8n via [Docker, npm, n8n.cloud, desktop app]: Kubernetes