Using Shopify API credentials

Hi everyone,

Just trying to set up my Shopify account in a node, and the documentation seems to be somewhat outdated.

Here’s what I have on the Shopify side:

When I fill in the fields in n8n’s interface, I get an error message:

{
"message": "401 - {"errors":"[API] Invalid API key or access token (unrecognized login or wrong password)"}",
"name": "Error",
"stack": "Error: Request failed with status code 401 at createError (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/createError.js:16:15) at settle (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/core/settle.js:17:12) at IncomingMessage.handleStreamEnd (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/n8n/node_modules/axios/lib/adapters/http.js:269:11) at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:539:35) at IncomingMessage.emit (node:domain:475:12) at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1345:12) at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:83:21)"
}

I am new here and not a dev, and can’t find why it doesn’t work. If anyone has some tips, that’d be helpful!

Hey @RomHav,

Welcome to the community :tada:

I remember seeing something a while back tha Shopify have removed support for Private Apps, We do have a fix ready for this that is being tested but has not yet been released. Sadly at the moment the only thing I can think of would be to manually build out the requests using the HTTP Request node which is not ideal.

Hi @jon!

Duly noted, thanks a lot! :+1:

No problem at all, I have popped a note on the internal ticket we have to nudge it along a bit.

1 Like