Using SSL with Postgres

In other platforms I use (like Retool), I can set the postgres connection to require SSL and then upload a CA cert and client key and client cert to have a “complete” SSL implementation. I’m not seeing where (or if) this is possible with n8n. Is this something available and how do I do it?

I’m on the n8n cloud and version 1.0.5

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

Based on what I’m seeing I might be able to do this with a connection string but that would require env variables which seems only supported in self hosted and not cloud (which I’m using).

Is this correct? No way to do this (upload SSL certs) in the cloud hosted version?

Hi @jmr123, I assume you are referring to the credentials supported by the Postgres node here?

When using PostgreSQL as the backend database for a self-hosted instance, certifcates are supported and can be configured through the DB_POSTGRESDB_SSL_CA environment variables, but this option is not available in the Postgres node I am afraid.

As such, I’ll move this question into the Feature Requests section of our forum so you (and other users of course) can vote on having this implemented in the future.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.