Webflow Webhooks being created each time workflow triggered

Hello n8n community.

Describe the issue/error/question

I have set up a workflow that triggers when a Webflow site is published. I’ve been noticing that the process keeps running more and more times with each execution.

In an unrelated thread, @Georgy posted seeing multiple Webflow webhooks being created as part of a workflow.

I then discovered that the same is happening in my case. Not sure if this is an n8n or a Webflow issue.

Curious if anyone else has seen similar behavior and what to do.

What is the error message (if any)?

Please share the workflow

Share the output returned by the last node

Information on your n8n setup

• Running n8n via Docker:

I created a new workflow to test trigger for new Webflow Collection items.

Similar behavior to initial post: Seeing multiple webhooks being created and the process is running multiple times.

Hey @colleen, welcome to the community!

I am very sorry to hear you’re having trouble here. I’ll give this a go on my side as soon as I have a bit of time, but just to make sure I understand the problem correctly, you have one single workflow using the webflow node, correct? And n8n created several different webhooks for you in webflow?

Do you by any chance have the N8N_SKIP_WEBHOOK_DEREGISTRATION_SHUTDOWN environment variable set to true?

Thank you for the response and warm welcome @MutedJam.

Yes - I started with one workflow using the “when Webflow site published” node and saw multiple webhooks being created.

As an additional test, I turned off my first workflow and then created a new workflow that uses the Webflow Collection item node. It’s also creating additional webhooks.

No, I haven’t set the environment variable you mentioned. Here’s what I have set:

n8n-Post-Message-to-Slack

Thanks so much for confirming @colleen. I have tried for quite a while to reproduce this but no matter what I did to my n8n instance, it would not register a second webhook with webflow, even when skipping the regular de-registration process by just killing it.

I wonder if it’s the webhook deletion part that fails for you. When you disable your workflow, does (at least one) webhook disappear from the webhook list shown in Webflow?

Thank you @MutedJam. You may be on to something… I’m now not seeing the bad behavior after doing the disable and then turning on my workflows again.

Ran a few more tests and I’m not encountering the issues I had been seeing earlier.

1 Like

I started having issues with multiple webhooks being created again in Webflow. So far, disabling and re-enabling the workflow seems to have solved the issue.

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that @colleen :frowning:.

I did have my Webflow trigger active for the last weeks but still couldn’t see any duplicates (despite messing with n8n a lot), so still couldn’t reproduce this unfortunately.

However, one possible workaround would be to get rid of n8n’s Webflow trigger and simply add a generic Webhook node instead. Then register the URL provided by the Webhook node manually with Webflow.

This way n8n wouldn’t register any webhooks with Webflow automatically and you shouldn’t see any more duplicates.

Ahhhh… interesting @MutedJam. Had not considered that as an option.

Thanks for the support and advice.

1 Like