Workflow Editor Blank (White) After Upgrading

We are running n8n in a Docker container and were a few versions behind (last upgrade was in December). After performing a pull and re-running the docker containers, everything appears to be running on the server correctly, however, when attempting to access the workflow editor via a browser, we only get a blank page. The page title shows n8n.io - Workflow Automation, but nothing else populates.

I tried creating a clean SQL Lite Database, but the page was still blank. Nothing out of the ordinary appear in the consoles for Traefik or n8n in either case.

Hey @lits welcome to community!

Please provide

• screenshot how it looks like
  • docker configuration (docker-compose.yml file or docker run command depended on what you use)
  • What version do you use now and what did you use before

This will help us help you will issue

1 Like

So did a bit more digging - I apologize, I don’t really remember what version we were upgrading from, but after doing a bit of troubleshooting, I can get n8n back up and running if I pull version 0.155.2. The moment I pull version 0.156.0, the blank screen starts.

My docker-compose.yml file is/was identical to what is in Github: n8n/docker-compose.yml at master · n8n-io/n8n · GitHub – the only modifications that I have done recently was to change it from using the latest tag.

Hi @lits, this sounds odd. Are your browser and n8n running on the same machine? If not, are you able to open the UI on the machine running n8n (if it’s a server without a browser, you could alternatively try curl -v http://localhost:5678)?

Hi @MutedJam - n8n is running as a docker container on a Linux server. The n8n server is also behind a traefik container? I’m not super familiar with it, but it is based upon the docker-compose file listed in the instructions.

What’s really odd is if you look, the page title gets returned, but the page contents is completely blank.