X oAuth 1 problems

I’m trying to attach media (images or video) to tweets. Having read this post I realise I need an oAuth 1 credential to upload the media first, then switch to oAuth2 to post the actual tweet with the media ID that’s obtained from the previous step.

The problem I keep running into is that no matter what I try, I can’t get the oAuth 1 working.

Here’s my setup:

The first step of the process succeeds:

But after clicking ‘Authorize App’, I get the following error:

I’m not sure how to proceed from here. What does this message mean?

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:
  • **n8n version: 1.16.0
  • Database (default: SQLite): default
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main): not sure
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app): docker
  • Operating system: Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS

Hi @bartv, I am very sorry for the trouble this is causing. This issue is currently in the backlog of our node engineering team and we’ll post an update as soon as it’s resolved.

1 Like

I’m unfortunately not able to reproduce this so far.
Can you please try running the container with the environment variable NODE_ENV set to development?
That would force the application to return the full stack trace in the JSON response in the last screenshot.
If you can then share the stack trace with us, I might be able to narrow down where this error is coming from.

I managed to solve this with this video by @Jeremy_DE_CAMPOS. NICE!

2 Likes

Hello,
Ah cool ! I won’t hide from you that I spent a little time finding the solution.
Glad my content can help you and thank you for quoting me :slight_smile:

1 Like

I bet you did! I spent hours on this and it was driving me mad. Your tutorial was a lifesaver :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.