Beginner course with nocoDB instead of Airtable

Hi there, first time posting in the forum, happy to be here! :smiley:
I’m following the beginner course but I want to use nocodb instead of airtable.
Here’s what I have for section “Inserting Data into Airtable” paragraph 3:

Empty output so far… any idea of what I’m missing? thanks

Hey @headset907,

Welcome to the community :100:

The course is designed with Airtable in mind so it may be worth keeping that in mind when it comes to quiz questions and output values.

What version of NocoDB are you using? If you use the node settings (little cog icon) you can change the version of the api it could be worth changing that to see if it helps.

Hey @headset907, welcome to the community. You mentioned that you’re trying to “Insert data into your nocodb” but your screenshot shows that you chose the operation Read adn GetMany. Does the orders table have data already in Noco?

hey @Jon, I’m using version 0.105.3, the latest. Tried to change the api’s version as you suggested but still not working…

The course is designed with Airtable in mind so it may be worth keeping that in mind when it comes to quiz questions and output values.

Ok, will keep it mind and maybe will do the course with airtable first. Thanks!

Hey @Niklas_Hatje, no my table orders in noco has no data at the moment, only the name of the columns (correct spelling in the right order as I receive them from the precedent http request node).

you chose the operation Read adn GetMany

adn means subcategory of Read? if so, yes, on the previous picture because I want to read/get the info from the http request node and copy them in my orders table. When I click Docs on the NocoDB node It says Get All but I don’t have this option and Get Many seems the closest… but maybe it’s incorrect ?

Trying something else:

still incorrect

Thank you for helping me making it work!

Yeah, sorry I tried to write and. Looking at the screenshot you posted, I still have one idea: Are the incoming item keys exactly called like the columns in your Noco-Table? (orderID, customerID, employeeName, orderPrice, orderStatus)

aha! yes it makes sense!

yes I have everything called the same in the right order…
I’m trying to figure this one out on the NocoDB discord as well.
I’ll report back if anything comes up!
Thanks @Niklas_Hatje

3 Likes