Berlin August 2024 Meetup - Report 📸

Hey Community! We had a blast with the first n8n Meetup in Berlin! A bit ironic that this was the first n8n Meetup here, given it’s the n8n HQ’s city. BUT that made it all the more prestige-worthy: We had n8n Founder Jan Oberhauser saying some welcoming words and Max Takcz giving an AI-Agent live demo. Community Award Winner Oskar Kramarz gave his talk about “Building APIs with n8n” and even took a 6h drive from Poland to be there. The last (but not the least!) Speaker Bao Ngyuen rounded off the event with some insights how to utilize Design-Thinking with AI.

We had 45 people attending! Naturally Bart (Community Manager) attended from n8n and we also had Ria, Aya (both support) and Milorad (engineering) from n8n staff there. Since this was also my first time organizing a Meetup I collaborated with Matthias Siwy and his initiative NoCode Collective Club Berlin, which just started this year and already grew to 600 members. He helped a lot making this happen. The Series of Meetups is definitely worth checking out.

We had inspiring talks, delicious pizza, cold drinks, enjoyed being together as Community and just talk about our beloved automation software n8n with fellow enthusiasts. We even extended the evening and went to a Beergarten nearby and kept the conversations going until 1pm.

Some Highlights:

• Overwhelming response of the Community (we actually had to set-up a Waitlist!)
  • Having n8n staff there
  • Amazing venue of Lynk & Co
  • About 25% of the attendees knew n8n (since we also had many guests from the NoCode Collective Group)
  • Fun detail: Max and Bart ran into Oskar as they got out of their Uber near the venue.
  • Bart and I prepared a little Quiz and had some super cool merch give-away for the winners.
  • Me, cutting dozens of Pizzas with a scissor, since I forgot to add that little note to the order (Hand still cramps!)

Feedback and Thoughts for Next Time:

• Make sure Pizza is pre-cut.
  • A bigger Venue to house this amazing community.
  • Although it was much appreciated that we had such inspiring talks it would be even cooler to have a bit more time for networking and mingling

The n8n team felt the event was very successful and it was great to connect to our community and see how much n8n means to them. We hope to host another user meetup in Berlin before the end of the year. Will you join us?

Interested in hosting a community event in your area? Join our Ambassador program!

16 Likes

Was such a blast to attend and share a live build :robot: :rocket:

3 Likes

I had an amazing afternoon/evening! Thanks for setting this up for us @geckse! :raised_hands:

2 Likes

It was an amazing 2 days in Berlin, I really enjoyed it. Totally worth the long drive!

Thanks a lot @geckse for organizing the event, and see you at the next one!

5 Likes