Calendly.com authentication

The calendly.com trigger is not working. Authentication error is being sent back by calendly.com. It only uses an API key and I’ve double checked it many times. Calendly has been making changes to their API and I suspect the calendly trigger node may need to be updated with new urls and such. Anyone experience this? Do we know who to reach out to regarding this?

@nicodemusjls Welcome to the community.

Yes, indeed. We are using the old API but it does not seems to be deprecated. What is the error you are getting exactly?

I have a zapier zap using a calendly trigger successfully using only the API key, so that seems like confirmation their APIv1 is still working. I also have a n8n webhook trigger working in my n8n instance, so it seems my instance is working out well. The error also appears on the surface to be based on an actual response from calendly.com, so I’m thinking the auth attempt is actually reaching them.
I am new to n8n, so I’m not exactly sure how precise these n8n messages are yet.
Any insight is appreciated.

Hey @nicodemusjls!

I tried the Calendly Trigger node, and it is working fine for me.

I copied the API key from their integrations page and pasted it in n8n. I then saved the workflow, so that the webhook id gets registered. To test it manually, I clicked on the Execute Node button, and it ran successfully for me.

Can please walk me through the process of how you’re added the node?

Yeah. It’s a very simple setup…in theory. I’ve been doing exactly as you described.
With your confirmation that it’s currently working exactly as intended, it suggests an issue on my end with my n8n implementation. Maybe I’ll try the non-docker install.

@harshil1712 Your mention of ‘webhook id gets registered’ gave me the clue I needed. I hadn’t been thinking of the fact that this prebuilt trigger was sending the webhook url to calendly .com. I had used the quick start docker setup which was setting the webhook with a ‘localhost’ domain. For my other triggers, I was always setting the webhook manually in the external tool and correcting the url to my publicly available domain name. I’ve since installed n8n using the full install method and set the webhook url correctly. Connection to calendly .com is now working.
Thanks, All!

2 Likes

I am glad that it works now.

Have fun! :slightly_smiling_face:

Heya, got exactly the same problem (using n8n.cloud). Add the calendly trigger node. Go to calendly, copy api key. Put into calendly trigger node. Close node and save. Click run node and get error below:

There was a problem running the workflow:
Forbidden - perhaps check your credentials?

@nicodemusjls read your message but didn’t understand it :cry: Any help would be awesome!

You can only use the Calendly API with a premium account. Are you trying with a paid account?

1 Like

Sorry forgot to reply - you’re completely right - thought It was possible on the tier I was paying for but apparently not!

I am having the same issue with the error:

" Problem
There was a problem and the workflow could not be activated:
Your request is invalid or could not be processed by the service

I am using the npn installation with pm2 and have tried setting the ENV var:
export WEBHOOK_URL=https://n8n.myserver.com/
and am still seeing the error.

@harshil1712 can you tell me how to set the webhook_url correctly for my install?

Much thanks

Hey @Delfs,

Welcome to the community :tada:

Are you facing the issue specifically with Calendly or is it with all the webhook trigger nodes? If it’s the latter, can you please open a new topic and share as much details as you can? :slight_smile:

I have the same issue with Calendly and I think it’s when the node tries to register the callback. Is there a way to see error or feedback messages? The node doesn’t return an error message, just the same toaster alert only.

Can you try making a call to the Webhook URL? It will help us know if it Is publicly accessible or not. If you get an error, it means that there is an issue with your setup.

@harshil1712 thanks,
When I hit my http://n8n.myn8nserver.com/ I get my instances default server placeholder page. ( this is without specifying a port. )

So I think it is how my installation is set up.
I can printenv and see my WEBHOOK_URL but I am missing something else perhaps?

Hey @Delfs,

Did you try calling the Webhook URL from a Webhook Triggered node? I am assuming that the URL http://n8n.myn8nserver.com/ is the same as your n8n instance URL. Hence, it will take you to your n8n instance. Can you try the below-mentioned steps:

1. Create a new workflow
  2. Add a Webhook node
  3. Copy the Test URL from the node
  4. Save the workflow (this will register the webhook)
  5. Execute the workflow
  6. Make a request to the Test URL

If it doesn’t return a success message, then we know we have an issue with the setup.

Thanks @harshil1712
In creating the test webhook ( indicates waiting for webhook call ) hitting the /mytest endpoint still returns my server default web page,

http://n8n.myn8nserver.com/mytest and mytest set in the path option of the webhook test node

So my suspicion is correct in that I still need to configure (OP)
Is there a way of inspecting what n8n things the callback URL should be?