Connecting n8n to Google Search Console

Describe Problem:

I cannot get n8n to connect to google search console

What is the error message (if any)?

n8n error: brave_GW05nEIgK2.png - Google Drive

auth: brave_WATRvlkm1o.png - Google Drive

google cloud oath consent screen: brave_R4iOgfEY41.png - Google Drive

Please share your workflow

Im using the HTTP request node and oauth2 to connect, I am able to get into my account, but once I execute it says I don’t have the rights. When I setup my application in Google Cloud to give my email test user access that seems to work, meaning I’m connected, its just when I run the application to the following URL it doesn’t work

https://www.googleapis.com/webmasters/v3/sites/my-website.com/searchAnalytics/query

I am running n8n cloud.

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

It looks like your topic is missing some important information. Could you provide the following if applicable.

• n8n version:
  • Database (default: SQLite):
  • n8n EXECUTIONS_PROCESS setting (default: own, main):
  • Running n8n via (Docker, npm, n8n cloud, desktop app):
  • Operating system:

@USMNT , have you tried to authenticate as per Authorize Requests  |  Search Console API  |  Google for Developers? The error looks dodgy to me as it references Google Drive. Not sure what it has to do with Search Console.

When I work with HTTP Request nodes I typically try HTTP Debugging clients like Insomnia (my personal faivorite) or Postman. See if that way works for you. If not, that it is an issue with the permissions to the Google service.

1 Like

is the error link i get as seen here:

perhaps your confusing my screenshot links with where I store them?

i even tried one more idea here, adding the API key on at the end of the URL request.

I can’t think of what credential I haven’t tried yet.

Add a test user

Add a test user - gmail which need to approve in consent screen.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.